Electrical Diploma Level 4
Full time course
This qualification is for learners who wish to obtain an understanding of the concepts, processes and practices involved with the design, construction management and the initial verification of electrical installations.
The emphasis is on the safe and ergonomic design on an installation which complies with relevant statutes, regulations, industry standards, and sound engineering practices.
Taught by industry experts in state-of-the-art facilities, this course prepares you with the highest standards for industry.
- Excellent Maths, English and IT skills
- The ability to make and understand technical diagrams
- Analytical skills
- The ability to explain design ideas clearly
- Tecision-making skills
- Be a qualified electrician
Who is this qualification for?
- Those who wish to further their career in the electrotechnical sector
- Learners who wish to demonstrate their ability in electrical installation design
- Those who wish to obtain an Industry recognised qualification
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification comprises of a single knowledge unit which has 30 guided learning hours (GLH) which covers: relevant statutory and non-statutory requirements, electrical installation design, BS 7671, design and verification procedures, associated protective systems; and aspects of environmental technologies. It covers design calculations and the application of BS 7671 and related guidance in the safe and effective design of an installation. The qualification has a total qualification time (TQT) of 100 hours.
Industry and Employment Opportunities
You could work in different industries, from power and renewable energy to transport, construction and manufacturing.