South Gloucestershire and Stroud College.
Higher, Professional, Technical.
Outstanding by standing out


International Students

Moving to the UK to study while experiencing a new country and a new culture is both exciting and daunting. SGS Filton provides a safe, welcoming, supportive environment for international students. We’ll help you to settle in to your new life, with support and guidance throughout your time at college, a wide variety of qualifications for you to choose from, and an excellent reputation for success.

Our supportive international team are here to help you integrate successfully into the college, and your new life in the UK.

What next?

For information on tuition fees, accommodation, course details and how to apply email

Important information from the department of UK Visas & Immigration

There are new changes to the way in which migrants are informed of the requirement to register with the police.

Police registration is not required for those under 16.

As a result of the changes made earlier this year, the police registration condition no longer appears on the Biometric Residence Permits (BRP) issued to migrants coming to the UK.

Applicants required to register with the police applying for leave to enter the UK will see the police registration condition on the 30 day entry clearance vignette issued to enable travel to the UK.

Those will need to show the vignette to the police when registering, together with the letter confirming that your application for leave was successful.

Those required to register must do so within 7 days of arrival in the UK.

Those applying for leave to remain and who are already in the UK will be personally notified if they are required to register with the police by way of the Home Office letter confirming that their application for leave has been successful. You must show this letter when registering.

Information on registering with the police, including the documents required, is available at

If, after you've arrived in the UK and realises that your entry clearance (visa) vignette has been issued with an incorrect endorsement you can request to have it amended. Visit for information on what to do.